We had a nice presentation today, done by a guest from Udvikling Fyn (Development Fyn). The guests name is Ridha Shimi and he is a business consultant. He ofered his consulting service for free for anybody thats thinking of starting his own business. I’m a tech guy but entrepreneurship is not something distant from my current education (Product Development and Techonolgy Integration) and its also something that i have interest in since i was in grade school.
The topic for presentation is how to start your own business here, in Denmark. Many aspects of the presentation weren’t something new to me, but i learned more about how is it here in Denmark. On thing is the concept of “ethnic entrepreneurship” which is basically the status of self-emplyed. Another thing is company form and how do they differentiate from each other.
Company forms in Denmark
- sole proprietorship (small business)
- you are the only one legally reponsable for the company and it can be linked only to you
- registration is free, it only requires NemID and it is done online on Virk.dk
- partnernship (I/S) (small business)
- a person is legally responsably for the company, but more than 1 can participate in running it
- registration is the same as in sole proprietorship
- private limited company Aps (ltd) (medium-size business)
- mininum capital of 50000dkk cap soc (as of jan 1st 2014) + registration costs (lawyer, accountant etc)
- entrepreneurial company IVS (medium-size business)
- minimum capital between 1-49999 dkk (+ registration costs)
- capital can be then built by adding 25% of profit until you can have a Aps
- a relatively new company form, it ofers the same legal circumstances but it is less financial demanding to start
- public limited company A/S (big business)
- same legal circumstances as Aps
- minimum capital of 500000 dkk (that’s a lot)
Not sure when, but i think i’m going to have a chat with Ridha about business posibilities here in Denmark. I’m not that attracted to this area (probably homesick) but its clearly a market worth “exploiting” – the main reason for this is the high income of danes.